The purpose of the Work Related Skills (WRS) strand is to develop employability skills, knowledge and attributes valued within the community and work environments as a preparation for employment.
The Work Related Skills units are designed to:
• integrate learning about work skills with prior knowledge and experiences
• enhance the development of employability skills through work related contexts
• develop critical thinking skills that apply to problem solving in work contexts
• develop planning and work related organisational skills
• develop OHS awareness
• develop and apply transferable skills for work related contexts.
Employability skills contain key personal attributes and skills that are important for young people (entry-level employees) entering the workforce and for existing employees in a global and knowledge economy.
The key employability skills include:
• team work
• problem solving
• initiative and enterprise
• planning and organising
- Teacher: Lynleigh CLEVE